Live online group trainings
- Enhance your resilience by understanding how trauma impacts an individual or group's brain, body, beliefs, and behavior.
- Learn tools that help individuals and groups stay centered and regulated.
- Transform the energy of trauma into nonviolent action with justice, conflict, and neuroscience-based tools.
- Discover ways to help yourself and those you influence address current and historic trauma.
- Apply principles of restorative justice to situations and systems that harm.
Minnesota Peacebuilding Leadership Institute (MPLI) offers various online courses which change from time to time.
Registration and more information:
- Introduction to STAR for Cultural Competence, Racial Healing, and Equity 2-hours with MPLI
- STAR-Lite:1day with MPLI
- Introduction to Talking Circles for Building Community Trust and Peace 2-hours with MPLI
- Introduction to Restorative Justice for Community Healing and Transformation: 2 hours with MPLI
- Introduction to Self-Care and Resilience: 2 hours with MPLI
- STAR Level I 40 hours
In-person 4.5 day STAR Level I and Level II and online options are offered at the Center for Justice and Peacebuilding, Eastern Mennonite University (CJP/EMU). Continuing education credits are available.
Trainers: Katie Mansfield PhD and STAR Team
- Expand your understanding of the interplay of resilience and trauma
- Learn how justice and conflict transformation processes are integral to addressing systemic trauma
- Walk away with new ideas on how to help yourself and your community
Participant feedback about STAR Intro trainings:
Thank you so much for this wonderful opportunity! It was an excellent balance of valuable information and critical reflection, Kudos on a great training!
This training gave me hope, helped me feel energized to have new information... ..Very well done, thorough, and clearly presented high-level overview of extremely complex topics.
I hope and pray that your work will be blessed and multiplied at this difficult time in history. Thank you!
Participant feedback for Tapping Amidst Uncertainty
When it feels like so much is out of our control, this class provided clarity and tools that allowed me to move head, heart, and body space from feeling stuck to having choice.
- Nessa S, Non-profit professional
I gained conceptual and also practical tools for cultivating resilience in my life and community. It was not a magic solution to all my struggles but it gave me direction in where to look next and explore.
- Anna, Musician
This class provides a set of tools needed to wrestle with our emotions and their effects on our bodies. It provides a space to strengthen our resilience and our power as we become aware of what we feel, name why we feel it, and love ourselves compassionately.
- Eliana, Social worker
Five 90-minute sessions online or 2 days in-person, or two-hours of basic concepts
Offered in English or Spanish through Humanitarian Development Partnerships
In these impactful trainings, the STAR (Strategies for Trauma Awareness and Resilience) approach---neuropsychology restorative justice, and nonviolent conflict transformation---is applied to the trauma of migration or incarceration. Utilizing practical tools and interactive learning, the migration or incarceration training is customized for refugees, immigrants, or staff of organizations that work with them and corrections staff and organizations or persons who experienced incarceration.
To book a training, contact email@example.com